"In C" - between the times
Concert in the Calder Saal and sound trail in the Sprengel Museum as part of the Festivals Sound Bridges
Date: 5 May 2019 at 8 pm
Place: Sprengel Museum Hannover Kurt-Schwitters-Platz, 30169 Hannover
Tickets : 15/erm. 10 € - free choice of seats, /barrier-free access
VVK: Reservix and at the box office in the Sprengel Museum from 7:30 p.m. onwards
"It seemed better to write music that nobody knew anything about."
In the history of music, there were several periods in which aesthetic and compositional reduction was the centre of artistic creation. With this programme we move between times and sound spaces, driven by the hypnotic power and the continuous pulse of repetition.
Inspired by its anti-hierarchical spirit, which emerged as a reflection of the political awakening in the 1960s, we expand the concept of "minimal music" and combine compositions from different epochs into a sound parcours completely free of hierarchy: we combine the classic by Terry Riley with our own compositions, live electronics, choral works from the Renaissance and today and filigree melodies of oriental music.
- Ensemble Megaphon, Direction Lenka Župková
- Choir Collegium Vocale Hannover e.V., Choirmaster Florian Lohmann
- Ensemble Gohar, Conductor Ehsan Ebrahimi
- Pupils of the Peter Ustinov School/Hannover Secondary School
- Improvisation 1 with the Ensemble Gohar
- Jacobus de Kerle (1531-1591): "Agnus Dei" (from the "Missa Da Pacem")
- Improvisation 2 with the Ensemble Gohar
- Michael Ostrzyga (*1975): "Nigra sum" and "Ave Maris Stella
- Lenka Župková /Ensemble Megaphon "Between the Times" (world premiere)
- Terry Riley: "In C" (1964)